Fine Jewellery, Costume Jewellery and Fashion Jewellery
Often there is so much confusion around what falls under costume, fashion or even fine Jewellery. It is important to now because brands used these words when marketing their products. As the consumer here is what you need to know when next time you are making an investment decision on Jewellery.
Fine Jewellery is made with valuable metal such as gold, platinum precious metals, and is set with natural, precious gemstones. Much stronger too and will does not tarnish. Just as the name implies, these are expensive timeless pieces that people wear only on special occasions.
Fine Jewellery is made of real precious metals, gems, and natural stones. They are made of long-lasting materials but tend to be delicate, they are not your everyday type of Jewellery as they tend to stand out so usually worn sparingly.
Engagement rings, wedding band, and bridal accessories and the like tend to fall under this category.
Some people like to look at Fine Jewellery as investments and something one can wear for life and not have to worry about fading, wear, and tear. There are a wide variety of metals one can also work with when making fine Jewellery.
When it comes to the stones, fine Jewellery crafts, people use diamond, sapphire, ruby, emerald, aquamarine, tanzanite, jade, and pearls etc…
Consider the following when investing in fine Jewellery:
- Fine Jewellery is an investment
- They are considered timeless because of the materials they are made of
- Fine Jewellery give someone status in society
- Usually customised, hey are not mass produced, so you typically get one of a kind Jewellery
- Undoubtedly the quality, the finishing touches and the craftsmanship of Fine Jewellery is far much superior
- They are expensive and sometimes out of reach for many
Costume Jewellery can easily be confused for Fine Jewellery as sometimes designs can imitate that of true fine Jewellery and therefore often considered alternative to fine Jewellery pieces. Costume Jewellery is made of more economical and lower quality materials. Costume Jewellery is however her to stay and has changed the way we can accessories outfits to look stunning at a fraction of the price.
Consider the following before purchasing costume Jewellery:
- You won’t break the bank. They are beautiful pieces you can get for a fraction of the price
They are typically made of inexpensive material
- Endless variety to choose from
- They are commonplace in society, meaning anyone can look good on a good price
- They don’t typically last long
Costume Jewellery and Fashion Jewellery are synonymous in some cases. However,
Fashion Jewellery on the other hand, refers to Jewellery that is in line with the latest trends and can be considered current. Fashion Jewellery is made of non-precious stones and metals like copper, brass, and bronze. Fashion Jewellery can also be plated by expensive metals such as gold but with an inexpensive based metal underneath.
Consider the following before buyingfashion Jewellery:
- They tend to have better quality metal and stone
- They last longer especially when plated with precious metal
- Fashion Jewellery look close to fine Jewellery than costume Jewellery does
- You can get expensive looking FashionJewellery for a fraction of the price
- They wear off eventually
Some of the considerations when making a decision on whether to buy a Costume, Fashion or Fine Jewellery
- Budget: How much money you have or are willing to spend on Jewellery is what ultimately dictates the type of Jewellery you’ll get.
- Occasion: If you’re going to propose to the love of your life, you’ll be inclined to save and purchase a ring made of expensive metals and diamonds or other precious stones.
- Where you are going can also determine what type of Jewellery you need to wear, if you are running day to day errands you don’t want to wear expensive and excessive fine Jewellery that may just attract a lot of attention
- Seasons and Themes for Jewellery. Fine Jewellery typically tends to be timeless pieces that you can wear through the year. However, Fashion and Costume Jewellery tend to be different. Some brands create Jewellery around specific themes and seasons of the year. It makes it easy for someone to stay trendy throughout the year.
If you are considering upgrading your Jewellery, consider getting pieces that you can wear to match the seasons throughout the year. Opt for simpler designs because of fashion changes annually.
- Safety depending on where you live or are travelling to is an important consideration. If you live in an area where theft is common or travel to areas where that is the case, you want to tone down in your Jewellery not to compromise your safety while feeling good when wearing them.
Grace Mumo Founder/CEO Luxury Media Africa and Luxury Xclusives concludes: We live in times whereby, looking good doesn’t mean you have to dig deep into your pockets. Whether, fine Jewellery, costumer Jewellery or fashion Jewellery, Technology and creativity have shaped the Jewellery industry, leaving everyone spoilt for choice. Just make the right fashion accessory decision that best suits you.
Ever wondered what is the difference between Jewellery and Jewelry? Well the answer is pretty simple as they are one and the same thing. Just depends on which English you prefer. The US use Jewelry while the British use Jewellery.
Invite us to profile your Jewellery/Jewelry and share your brand story.
Luxury Media Africa is your media partner for luxurybrands in Africa and from Africa. Http://luxurymediaafrica.com
To become Africa’s leading and unparalleled digital and e-commerce platform that aggregates Africa and global Luxury brands using latest trends of technology and innovation to create an attractive market place for brands while providing an easy to access market platform that connects the brands and the right consumers online creating value for the brands
© Copyright 2019 – Luxury Xclusives – All rights reserved