A LOCKDOWN MOTHERS DAY FEAST!
A Mother’s Day feast filled with quality moments from breakfast to lunch and even a twist on her favourite pool side drink, that’s packed with Vitamin C. This will make it a day to remember.
So go on and spoil her, with a day off from kitchen duties, while you impress with some culinary skills, with these easy Rhodes Quality recipes, to help you along.
Easy Chocolate Breakfast Pancakes
A simple, easy-to-make pancake dish that is a real breakfast treat for mum.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 10)
- 250 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 15 ml (3 Tbsp) cocoa powder
- 65 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 300 ml (1 cup +3 Tbsp) milk
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- To serve: chocolate sauce
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and the salt.
- Whisk together the vanilla essence, milk and the egg.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, beating until a smooth thick batter.
- Allow batter to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Use a 65 ml (¼ cup) measuring cup to scoop the batter onto to non-stick pan and shape quickly into rounds.
- Bake only two pancakes at a time. Cook until the pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip them over and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm drizzled with chocolate sauce and topped with Rhodes Quality Peach Slices.
Tomato Risotto for Lunch
A quick, easy and delicious tomato based lunch to share with mum and impress.
INGREDIENTS (Servs 4)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g (1 cup) Arborio rice
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
- 1lt. (4 cups) chicken stock, hot
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- To serve: fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the onion and the leek and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the rice and toss well.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes, the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet and 125 ml (½ cup) of the stock.
- Stir gently until the measure of liquid added is absorbed by the rice and then add another 125 ml (½ cup) of stock.
- Continue cooking, adding stock when necessary until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season to taste and serve immediately topped with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
White Chocolate and Apricot Pudding
A delicious Mother’s Day pudding for the whole family to feast on.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 300 g good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp Cup
- To serve: whipped cream and 50 g (¼ cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- Place the chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until just below boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and leave to stand for 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- Divide the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves between 6 pudding dishes or glasses.
- Pour a teaspoonful of Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp over the apricots.
- Divide the chocolate cream mixture between the glasses.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is chilled and set.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and a few toasted almonds.
A Vitamin Packed, Non-Alcoholic Sangria
This refreshing drink is fit for a Queen, packed with Vitamin C, for that added immune boost.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8)
- 500 ml (2 cups) Rhodes Quality Cranberry Fruit Juice Blend
- 500 ml (2 cups) Rhodes Quality Red Grape Fruit Juice Blend
- 250 ml (1 cup) Rhodes Quality Orange Fruit Juice Blend
- 125 ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 1 lt. (4 cups) sparkling water.
- To serve: ice, lemon slices, lime slices, orange slices and fresh berries
- Chill all ingredients overnight.
- In a large bowl mix together the Rhodes Quality Cranberry Fruit Juice Blend, Rhodes Quality Red Grape Fruit Juice Blend and the Rhodes Quality Orange Fruit Juice Blend.
- Add the ice, lemon juice and the sparkling water. Add the fresh lemon slices, lime slices, orange slices, and berries.
- Serve well chilled.
Follow @rhodesquality for more tips and recipes or visit: www.rhodesquality.com.